See/click on FIREARMS AS EVIDENCE IN COURT: POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- A. State rules for handling dangerous objects.
- B. Firearms checked and physical incapacitated by bailiff.
- C. Regulate display, movement and access of firearm.
- D. Require firearm to be handled by handle rather than barrel and be pointed at ceiling or floor when handled.
- E. Instruct jury as part of preliminary instructions on how firearms are to be handled in the courtroom room
- F. Instructs jury as part of preliminary instructions on how disturbing physical evidence(bloody clothing, etc.) will be packaged, displayed and handled during trial and deliberation